Introduction and Course Objectives:
The advent of social media has changed the way in which sales and marketing is carried out in this world today. This course shall focus on the various social media tools available for enhancing sales effectiveness as well as gathering valuable feedback. This course will equip the participant with the tools to conduct an effective social media marketing campaign by using multiple social media platforms.
- College Graduate/ High School Diploma
- Basic understanding of computer and Internet
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas
- Analytical skills
- Enthusiastic in adapting to new technology
- Demonstrates creativity and has a flair for writing
The course would be for a total duration of approx 120 hours and can be conducted full time, in evening classes or weekend classes.
Students will be assessed on project work and a written examination that will be conducted at the end of the course.
- Define social media; identify its key characteristics and different types.
- Assess the behavior of customers by their online activity and their response over organization’s social media activity.
- Plan social media campaigns to supplement other marketing initiatives.
- Join and promote online communities that involve customers in idea generation, feedback and endorsement.
- Create engaging account profiles on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, YouTube etc.
- Produce compelling content in the form of blogs/articles, comments, and competitions to increase brand’s presence and engaging the fan/follower base.
- Introduction to Social Media
- Fundamentals of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Developing Content for web
- Reporting and analytics for social accounts
- Online PR and Brand Reputation
- Strategic Integration of Social Media into Marketing Plan
- Future Digital Trends
Method of Teaching:
Lecture, Classroom interactive session, Practical sessions, Projects, Videos
Method of Assessment & Weightage:
Assessment Tasks: Written Exam, Projects
Reading Lists & References
Increase Online Sales Through Viral Social Networking: How to Build Your Web Site Traffic and Online Sales Using Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn -Stephen Woessner
Social media marketing for Dummies – Singh
Sociable!: How Social Media Is Turning Sales and Marketing Upside Down – Shane Gibson
This program will provide for employment opportunities to candidates in all big, medium and small firms.